7th November 2018
01:40
I always since childhood took fascination into the classical music, from a young child I can remember hearing Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. I also remember Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 it was always a pleasure hearing this building up to rise into a perfect melody. My late grandfather used to let me here these tunes through a small battery operated silver radio system.
As I grew older to my teenage years, I used to listen to Classic FM on my radio alarm clock. I read and listened to artists such as Johann Sebastian Bach, Johannes Brahms, Ludwig van Beethoven and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I enjoyed a lot of piano and organ works and Beethoven's Ninth. These pieces I listened to on an iPod, while I did not study the field of music I was well aware of it. This was the great irony, I believed those who studied it studied it for studying sake and those who did not study it appreciated it more. Life shows you classical music was better than the crap of our common era. I remember having few people to discuss my fascination with.
I then started creating my iTunes and looking at a wide array of composers from the Baroque period, the Medieval period and of the 20th Century. These pieces where great, I added them to my iTunes. I listen to this day the occasional classical piece. I am taking a venture into the avant-garde. I share my interest with a good friend Thomas, whom studies music. The great thing is these music critiques of me and my friend can go on forever and ever. This is why I love this. We can analyse, scrutinize, speculate and examine to every last fraction, every note, every quaver.
No comments:
Post a Comment